Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sunset from the Mountains

When I was in Denver with Chris last week, we sought out a sushi restaurant because he said he hasn't found one comparable to Kanpai, our favorite restaurant in Jackson. We're some of Kanpai's favorite customers, and he hasn't had good sushi since he left for Colorado in January. We finally found one that was ALMOST as good -- definitely not Kanpai, but it was tasty.


As we were driving back to the apartment, we saw the most gorgeous sunset over the mountains. Neither of us had our cameras, but we were together, and it was beautiful. When I came home, I made a pair of earrings designed to capture the colors and the romance of the sunset Chris and I shared.


Here it is, our fiery sunset:

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I clicked over to your Etsy shop for the first time just now. I really love your work, Mary, and these are particularly lovely. :)

Mary said...

I'm glad you got a change to click over. :) I thought that might have been you who "hearted" my shop. I have so much fun making jewelry, I had to set up a shop to keep it from overtaking our home! LOL I like browsing Etsy; handmade things make me very happy.