Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm Baaaack!

I didn't mean to abandon my blog for so long, but I just got busy. I didn't even make jewelry for about four months! I'm not sure what happened.



Thanks to the prompting of some good friends and family, I started an Etsy site: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChristabelleGlimmershop/ChristabelleGlimmers. I made my first sale last night after eleven listings and being a member less than a month. I'm really excited to finally be getting my jewelry seen by the public. If somebody in New York state wants to buy a watch from a little jewelry-maker in Tennessee, then things are moving in the right direction! Maybe I'll have enough inventory to do a craft fair this fall. Two of my friends asked if I'd be interested in doing a few fairs last year, but I was so far behind with crafting there was no way to create enough pieces.



When I wasn't blogging, I even bookmarked a few sites I wanted to write about. I'll have to go back and see if any are still relavent. Perhaps it was my brief stint as a substitute teacher that zapped my brain. Getting up at 6 a.m. and waiting for the phone to ring isn't the greatest way to start the day. If I know I have to be somewhere, I'm up and ready to go, but if there's a 50/50 chance that I'm wasting wonderful sleeping time, I'm not happy. I'm afraid I didn't answer the phone with a smile on my face, and the "school board lady" and I tended to butt heads. I liked most of the kids, and I liked the teachers I worked with, but subbing isn't my forte. I'll stick to making jewelry thank you very much.

No comments: